In an effort to assist with improving HEDIS & STARS performance, MPM likes to request remote EMR access as we believe this can significantly improve rates. By granting access, we could assist with gathering evidence to close HEDIS/STARS care gaps, resulting in higher quality scores. The information obtained would then be uploaded into Cozeva, our quality platform. In summary, this would allow MPM staff to handle the following functions:
• Review non-compliant patient records for specific HEDIS/STARS metrics.
• Upload compliant records to Cozeva.
• Share feedback regarding ways to improve HEDIS/STARS rates.
• Share feedback on barriers identified during record review that could be negatively impacting quality scores. Best practice information and subject matter experts will be identified to collaborate and address barriers (as needed).
• Reduction in record requests.
• Office staff are not being pulled away from their current administrative responsibilities to assist in record review process.
• More accurate/focused patient lists will be available.
• All MPM personnel complete annual compliance and HIPAA trainings.
• MPM personnel would sign any necessary paperwork required for access.
• MPM completes annual audits to review the data accuracy in Cozeva.
• All approved data in Cozeva would be submitted to the appropriate Health Plan(s).